23 June 2008

Book review: D is for Deadbeat



This is the fourth book in the Kinsey Millhone alphabet series by Sue Grafton. Kinsey is hired to deliver a $25,000 check to a kid. The only problem is that her client writes her a bad check and then dies before she can get payment.

I think I liked "B" and "C" a little better than this one. Sometimes the details went on and on and were a bit distracting to the story. It was like the author needed a little filler or something. I thought the first half of the book was a little bogged down because of this. But by the end, it got a lot better, more typical writing of the last two in the series. I'm not keeping this book because it was a loaner to me, but even if I had bought it, I don't think I would keep it. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments: