09 February 2009

Busted lip and other random stuff too big for twitter



A week ago, the LittleMan busted his lower lip. He was crawling on the kitchen tile in his fleece pajamas and did a face plant. You can see the damage in the photo above. He's all better now. He is almost ready to walk. I keep saying "any day now", of course, but he is getting more and more interested in it, but is still afraid to let go when he is cruising around the furniture.

The LittleMan is also starting to talk a little. He can say: mama, da'a (Dara, a.k.a Mama D), kee cah or cah (cat), gah-gah (cracker), mah (more). And it is amazing how many words he understands, too. We talk about body parts, clothes, food, the kitties as well as count and sing.

I'm still looking for a job. I've done some interviews, and have another one scheduled for tomorrow. I hope to have something by the end of the month, but one never knows in these situations, especially in today's economy. I've had a couple of job postings close on me. "We have decided not to fill the position," or "We lost our requisition, and can't hire anyone right now."

We had a great visit with grandma (D's mom) yesterday. I'm looking forward to my family visiting us later this week and next week. Since I'm not employed right now, this actually is great timing for me.

The home improvement project is going well also. The new siding is complete, just needs paint (to be done later with the new addition). We have a new roof now too, with a ridge vent. No more squeaky whirly-gig vents. The workshop is framed. And we have had some electrical work done as well. We got new light fixtures and fans for the bathrooms in the existing house, and lighting and wiring has begun in the new addition. Hopefully I can get a video up of some of the latest updates.

1 comment:

rocky said...

Even with a busted lip, the Little Man has a beautiful, charming, flirty smile. What a sweetie!