10 November 2008

Book Review: "G" is for Gumshoe


This is book number 7 in the Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton. So far, having read A - D, and F, I liked "G" is for Gumshoe best. (I just got "E" in the mail, so that is now in the queue, after I finish "H" is for Homicide.) This story was a bit different in that, even though Kinsey has a missing persons case to work on, she is also the target of a hit man. So, she has to hire her own P.I./bodyguard. There is a lot of hide and seek, with a little bit of romance thrown in. It is not until about two-thirds of the way into the book that I thought, hooray, we are finally going to the library to do research! Sue Grafton keeps the novel exciting, and keeps Kinsey as wise cracking an investigator as always. I give this book an 8.5 out of 10.

No comments: